Thursday 10 March 2011

Thursday 10th March - Lazy day

Today has been a very lazy day and to be honest I have hardly done a thing. I went for a quick ride into town to see how my ankle felt and to get some flowers for the lady of the house for looking after me. On route I realised that my headset on the bike was  a bit knackered so took the bike into a local bike shop and they fixed it for me free of charge in half an hour. How good is that ?
The ankle feels a bit better so I will be testing it out properly by heading to Bulls tomorrow morning some 133 kms away. There is a 1550 foot climb to start with so that should either make me or break me. Cant wait to get going again though as there is so much to see and I'm looking forward to heading up into the mountains where all the volcanos are. The scenery is amazing especially the desert crossing in Tongararo.
I have an early start tomorrow so this is short and sweet . Wish me luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment